TABLE OF CONTENT:
- What is Kubernetes service ?
- What are the types of Kubernetes services?
- How to Create service in Kubernetes ?
What is Kubernetes service ?
What is service ? Its basically a layer which runs over PODS i.e. it logically defines set of POD. It will only assign one IP address.
What are the types of Kubernetes services?
- ClusterIP. Exposes a service which is only accessible from within the cluster.
- NodePort. Exposes a service via a static port on each node’s IP.
- LoadBalancer. Exposes the service via the cloud provider’s load balancer.
- ExternalName. Maps a service to a predefined externalName field by returning a value for the CNAME record.
How to Create service in Kubernetes ?
kind: Service apiVersion: v1 metadata: name: hostname-service spec: # Expose the service on a static port on each node # so that we can access the service from outside the cluster type: NodePort # When the node receives a request on the static port (30163) # "select pods with the label 'app' set to 'echo-hostname'" # and forward the request to one of them selector: app: echo-hostname ports: - nodePort:30163 # Your service will listen on this PORT - port:8080 # Inside Cluster this PORT is exposed - targetPort:80 # Containers are listening on these PORT